tiistai 12. helmikuuta 2013

Creating power amulets for life



I will be creating power amulets / jewelry or different kind of accessories to remind us the power and gifts what we all have within. I am inspired of the old indigenous cultures of the world and of how they used external symbols to present what they believed was within. Or by external means such as jewelry they trusted to obtain gifts and power they believe they needed.

I am exploring different kind of themes through my creations. Here is an example how I am creating power amulet for myself and what the process itself might be and how the end result will look like.

At the moment I have swans feathers I collected from the forest last spring 2012. The Swan had just shed it´s winter feathers and I was lucky to find them "accidently". Swan has a lot of symbolic meanings which inspire me a lot;


A quick keyword list of swan meaning, taken from the site : http://www.whats-your-sign.com/swan-meaning-and-symbolism.html ;
  • Love
  • Grace
  • Union
  • Purity
  • Beauty
  • Dreams
  • Balance
  • Elegance
  • Partnership
  • Transformation
"The swan may also bear messages of love and relationships. They pair for years, sometimes male-female unions are sustained for a lifetime. When the swan glides upon the waters of our awareness, it might be a symbol of love, and a reminder of the blessings found in our relationships.




redorbit.com



"In the Celtic mind, swans and geese were observed in the context of movement. Specifically, the keenly observant Celts noted their transitory nature and the swan’s pattern of migration. Consequently, the sign of the swan urged Celtic intuition to considerchanges of mood (water) and heart (love)."

"Swan meaning is also linked to Celtic deities with solar associations, like Belanus and Lugh. As solar animals, the swan represents the rising glory of a new day as well as the farewell of an old day with the setting sun."

"In Celtic art, gold and silver chains are often depicted around the swan's neck. I’ve read where this is symbolic of supernatural appearance of divine energy or the descent of gods to earth. I like to think the chains are symbolic of a harmony between cosmic forces; gold representing the sun, and silver symbolic of the moon. Perhaps the Celts recognized the essence of gods within the guise of the swan, and honored that power in the bird."

"Symbolic swan meaning continues the theme of transformation in the tale of the Ugly Duckling by Hans Christian Anderson.  Who doesn’t love this little fairy tale? It reminds us of our inherent glory, power and beauty (as the duckling was always a graceful swan). At the same time, the tale encourages us to have faith and have a persistent heart while pursuing the gifts that are our birthright."



kewlwallpapers.com


In dreams, the swan asks us to spread our wings and take flight into our waking dreams. She also encourages us to strengthen our relationships, as well as make new, long-lasting bonds with people whom we admire." (http://www.whats-your-sign.com/swan-meaning-and-symbolism.html)


I believe my spirit is guiding me to the right materials at the right time. Through the process of creating the power piece I am exploring the symbolism and meaning behind the materials and the theme I am using.

When I feel drawn to use the swan feathers for the work to me it is a sign from my spirit that I need to explore these themes or some of the themes in my life. Nowadays I noticed Swan appearing everywhere in my life to make me see lessons which still I didn´t understand...or just to remind me that She is with me.

For me, wearing the power amulets could remind me of lessons I did learn and helps me to get into that special experience again. Or they can be a mark of a rite of passage or  a guide which reminds me of a direction I am going to.

Laura Hollick, the Soul artist explains these things quite well and she has a similar approach to this. She just using art for this. Through an amulet we can experience the insight we have about being something...




Also amulet works as a reminder that we are never alone when living our truth and following our hearts. There is the seen world and unseen world guiding us each moment.


With love inspirations,

Laurelina


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti