sunnuntai 10. helmikuuta 2013

For cora






Hello Cora <3 !

Hope your year 2013 started with magical moments and lots of love!

You asked me to send you some art inspired by your music! Here it comes, but this will be a a bit different what I expected and long story though, hope you enjoy!

I travelled around India with my husband on our motorcycle from august 2012 to end of january 2013. I did write this message to u when we just came down to Goa from the Himalayas, after being there for 2,5 months. I had mp3 player with me but before I left my country I could only load your album, Victoria  into it. And I had no time to load more. I been reallly enjoying, not getting bored of listening. So all along the roads of Himalaya and down to south I have been listening to your album all over again and again, shouting and singing the words to the air and to the land.























Himalayas are amazing! I had no expect and no previous idea that the mountains have sooo many colors! I could see purple, pink, red, orange, yellow, blue and silver colors on the mountains! Especially Ladakh had first red stripes on the mountain sides and valleys that made me amazed! I had to collect some small stones from there to prove myself that those colors were really there and I was not imagining. ;) Waaw! I definitely recommend to visit Himalayas once in lifetime.







After arriving from Himalaya and the rough landscape to the gorgeus and flourishing beach I felt inspired. Walking on the beautiful beach and watching the ocean rise and fall and collecting the seashells it felt like the experience was complete. Your music is really in tune with the spirit of ocean, and near the ocean I could feel totally the spirit and soul of you music and I have been feeling like a GODDESS!!!Yeah!













So naturally, following my interest and heart I felt like expressing my experience somehow and started to combine things I did gather from the beach.

I found a sandstone from a beach called "OM" which has pink or coral red colors to it...




 
The beach OM in Gokarna



Later I found a seashell which really spoke to my soul...It has a hard and rough grey brown cover(maybe could be seen as ugly but to me it is so beautiful) but inside there is the pearl surface, shiny and beautiful. I just could not take my eyes out of it. It has so much symbolic meaning...

By chance I started to fit these two together,the coral stone and the shell and noticed that they fit...so I started to weave a cotton thread around. And to me it looked beautiful. Then I noticed I could make a necklace out of it and I made a macrame thread to hang the seashell/stone from it.

Macrame is old old way of making knots to create clothes, bags, jewellery. When I was weaving the knots I started to say aloud to each knot a positive affirmation about love, respect, enjoyment..etc. So almost each knot has a positive charge to it. :)





And one another thing. Actually I haven´t been making any macrame since I was 14 years old! This process awakened my gifts and since then I have been remembering all the techniques I knew before and I´ve been learning some new. Totallly love this!


I had no plans about the finished work...all of it evolved naturally and the process itself showed me what to do. Then when I looked at the finished work I felt it belongs to you...I had no plans about the piece when i made it but When I look at it it reminds me of you and your music. I am not sure if you agree or not since we all have our own perceptions. But i feel that I been guided to make this piece since making it unfolded so magically and in tune with the ocean and nature around me.



  From The Creative mp3 player Your Ocean coming out, weaving the magic on my tiny worktable



I named the necklace as  Afrodite's heart, since it has a heart shape...or the stone itself underneath the shell has that shape aswell. I could imagine a mermaid wearing it...hih :) I set the length of it so that it should hang on heart level.

















To me the necklace has a lot of meaning and symbolism which might interest you as well. Well I told you about the seashell and sandstone already. The macrame knotting reminds me of a spiral, a DNA strand or more better, the waves of ocean...like the up and downs of life...or the breath.




I put a lotus seed bead to enclose the necklace. Lotus seed is a holy seed for hindus and buddists. A flower which grows in a dirty, muddy water and flourishes without getting effect from the water...A flower of enlightment! This bead I got from Dharamsala, the home city of Dalai Lama. ;)























I put small golden beads in the necklace as well, but unfortunately they loose their colors if they get wet or with time. In the process I didn't notice to replace better beads and when it was ready it was too late. Sorry for that. :(




Also I had an idea to add some essential oils to the necklace to add the macigal essence of the piece. :) I am not sure if you like that and thats why I had to ask before I do it. I was thinking something like ylang ylang? I found some good quality oils from a shop here which have excellent scent to them.

In addition I asked indian tailor to make a small  pouch to keep the necklace inside when you don't use it and protect it from dirt and other things...







At the end of the process I did bless the necklace in the ocean and asked all the spirits and elementals to put their special energy into it to support u in what ever u do! When I set the necklace on the stones for blessing the waves almost stole it! :D So I think it really belongs to the Ocean or to somebody from the Ocean! ;)




I have been feeling like a witch weaving this piece! hih! I had no idea this kind of gifts were somewhere in me.

Before u announced in the net that u are making new album the piece was already finished. I was hoping it to arrive to u so that u could maybe wear it when making the new album perhaps... If u would have felt inspired to do so. But I quess I am a bit late. I didnt send post to u earlier because I didnt trust the indian post enough to give it to their hands...nobody never knows the indian post. ;) ;) So I just arrived back to my country, Finland, one week ago and now I am able to send the necklace to u. 

So now this one was something special and Universe´s gift for you. Would you like to accept it? I will send it by post to you as soon as I can. For this I need an address from u where u would like to receive it.

I am not asking anything for return.  I feel I received some much from you. I Love ur music and the person u are. This is humble expression of my gratitude and also I am expressing gratitude for those who cannot do it for themselves. Only would be amazing to see a pic where you wear the necklace. But that's just your choice if you feel happy to do it, I am happy with anything.

Hope this was not too overwhelming ! ;)

Love you cora! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

<3 <3 <3

Lots of divine white light,

Laura

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti